Wednesday 12 April 2017

I Was on TV: Katie Piper's Face to Face

Katie Piper has always been a massive inspiration to me as well as many others, I remember watching her documentary years ago thinking I wish I had her confidence and now here I am today involved in a TV programme with Katie! It was a surreal and proud moment.

Over a year ago I was asked if I wanted to take part in a beauty TV programme, so I had been doing bits of filming here and there and having to keep quiet about what I was doing. I got to travel down to London and meet some amazing people as well as getting the whole entire beauty lounge in Harvey Nichols Knightsbridge to ourselves at 6am in the morning! It was very exciting and an experience I thoroughly enjoyed.

The programme was about different people whose lives are affected in some way by a skin condition and want to know beauty tips on how to cover their imperfections, I was there to share my beauty tips and meet another girl like myself, Lisa – who was also born with a port wine stain birthmark, it was my job to do her make up, but little did she know I also had a birthmark. I remember feeling very nervous, as I know what make up works for me, but sometimes what works for you may not work for somebody else, but she loved her make over so I was very pleased! I am by no means an expert, but make up and beauty is a hobby of mine and something I love doing.

The show is said to encourage individuals to accept themselves and believe that make-up is not a way to hide but a way to empower and stay in control. I’ve accepted myself and my flaws but I also love make up. Make up is just a tool to enhance the beauty the already exists.
If I can inspire at least one person to show it's ok to be who you are, make up or not, I will be a happy girl!

The show was called ‘Katie Piper’s Face to Face’ it was on Channel 4, if you missed you will be able to watch it on 4OD (Channel 4 On Demand) or just click this link to watch now http://bit.ly/2oYRUfT  have you seen it? Let me know what you thought! 


The make up I used was Veil Cover Cream, a product which I know, love and have used for years, I can highly recommend it. You can order it online at www.veilcovercream.com if you enter ‘AMY2017’ at checkout you will also receive 5% off, so if your looking for something to cover vitiligo, birthmarks, port wine stains, rosacea, acne, pigmentation, scars, eczema, psoriasis, varicose veins and unwanted tattoos then you should definitely give this a try!













1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely story to read about!

    sophiaaxo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete