Sunday 7 May 2017

How I Whiten My Teeth & Keep Them White!

I have been a Dental Nurse for almost 8 years, so it’s really important to me to have nice white teeth. When I was younger I used to suck my thumb, which made my teeth stick out and that made me quite self-conscious of how I looked, so because of that I needed a brace as a teenager so now I like to make sure I maintain a healthy smile.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear so I’m all for supporting a nice healthy smile! So I will take you through what I do and what I recommend.

Step 1: You wouldn’t build a house without strong foundations and the same goes with your teeth, healthy teeth and gums is a must before starting any sort of cosmetic treatment or teeth whitening. Brush your teeth twice a day, morning and night for 2 minutes everyday and visit your Dentist/Hygienist every 6-12 months; depending on your oral health, your dentist should let you know how often you need to visit.

Step 2: I use a custom made whitening tray with whitening gel placed into them, which I then wear to go to bed in and then take them out the next morning. You will need an impression of your teeth usually done by your dentist or dental care professional and then a week later your whitening trays are usually ready to fit, you are then given tubes of whitening gel which are usually 6% hydrogen peroxide and 5%, 10% or 16% carbamide peroxide. These professional materials are designed for use under dental supervision as part of a professional treatment, so I wouldn’t recommend buying any sort of tooth whitening kit off the Internet. Once you have your whitening trays and whitening gel, insert a small amount of gel into each tooth and wear for at least 2 hours. Whilst you have them in you cannot eat or drink, so I find going to bed in them works best for me. You can experience sensitivity with this method of tooth whitening so if this happens to you, use a de-sensitizing toothpaste like sensodyne and you should be fine. You can determine how white you want them, the more you keep whitening them the whiter they will go, so once your happy with your shade, stop and just top it up when you feel you need to.  I haven’t whitened my teeth since before Christmas and they have stayed white and I’ll tell you how in step 3.



Step 3: Curaprox Black is White/White is Black toothpaste. Curaprox is a Swiss company who strive on making top quality, high end products. I was lucky enough to be sent their new black – yes black, toothpaste to try, firstly I was really dubious but this actually works. Unlike typical whitening toothpastes that contain abrasive particles and bleaching agents which erode enamel, This toothpaste uses activated carbon to gently absorb and remove stain particles that discolour your teeth without wearing any enamel away, leaving you with healthy white teeth. It also contains a blue optical filter which reduces yellow discolouration making your teeth instantly look whiter, not only that but it tastes amazing and leaves your mouth feeling minty fresh. It comes with a Curaprox CS 5460 manual toothbrush, which is the best manual toothbrush I have ever used! It is so soft and contains 5460 extra fine specially designed filaments offering incomparable gentleness and efficiency, it also guarantees that the brush will not have a aggressive or eroding impact on your teeth without compromising the clean fresh feeling. I have been using this for about 2 months now and haven’t whitening my teeth since before Christmas so I know this product really does work. Hands down converted to these 2 products! You can buy these products at some professional dentists and larger boots UK stores RRP’s at £19.95.



So that is my 3 steps to whitening your teeth which I hope you found helpful, if you have any questions leave me a comment and I will do my best to get back to you. Thank you for reading and Happy Whitening! J


*DISCLAIMER
I may not have paid for everything I talk about but I am not in ANY way obliged to mention these products and if I have done so, it is because I genuinely like them. I would never recommend a brand/product that I didn't truly love and believe in.

2 comments:

  1. The thing that I like best about your teeth whitening process is that it is so simple. I have tried things like baking soda and apple cider, but they can be messy and really have a nasty aftertaste. Thanks for the detailed instructions, I will give you technique a try to see if I can get my teeth white too.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I am really impressed along with your writing skills and also with the format on your blog.


    Best Bridal Makeup Artist in Erode

    ReplyDelete